Today, 22 March, we celebrate World Water Day, which aims to raise awareness of the importance of caring for the planet’s water resources, a vital element for the life of all species on Earth.
At Univergy Solar, as a company specialising in the development of solar, wind and green hydrogen energy projects, we are highly committed to respecting and caring for the environment, which also implies responsible water consumption.
Although water is a very abundant element on our planet, only a small part of it can be used for human consumption, which makes its correct management and care a priority.
It is estimated that 2/3 of the water used in an office is produced in the bathroom, so this should be the main focus of water saving measures.
It is also necessary to remember that it is just as important to minimise its consumption as it is to return it in good condition to our environment.
Some measures we can take to make responsible consumption are:
- Turn off taps when not in use.
- Wherever possible, implement energy-saving systems on office taps, such as diffusers, motion detectors or timers.
- Water left over from staff cups and/or jugs can be used to water office plants.
- If possible, dual flush cisterns should be installed.
- If no other measures can be taken, the discharge of water can be reduced by inserting a water bottle into the cistern.
- Do not use the toilet as a waste bin.
- Do not discharge into the sewage system products that may be combustible, flammable, irritant, corrosive or toxic.
- Use non-toxic products for office cleaning.
On the occasion of World Water Day... “Be the change you want to see in the world”!
Download and read Univergy Solar’s good housekeeping practices guide.