We are about to start that time of the year everybody looks forward to, Christmas season. This time of year is one of the most cheerful and familiar to us, but it is also the time of year when we waste the most energy.
In this post, we’ll give you some essential tricks to save energy, money and CO2 emissions to the environment without having to change your holiday behavior:
- Invest in efficient lighting. If you haven’t already done so, take advantage of this holiday season to switch your home lighting to energy-efficient LED lighting for both normal lighting and Christmas lights. Results will be the same, but the savings will be higher.
- Avoid overusing the heating system: By switching the heating on in the hours prior to the arrival of the guests or when you spend time at home, you can maintain a constant temperature between 18 and 21 degrees. Also, by lowering the blinds after dark, it will help keep the heat in your home without the need to turn on the heating system.
- As an additional lighting source, you can always use candles. Besides being a non-electric light source, it produces a certain degree of heat and adapts to the Christmas atmosphere we are looking for during this time of celebration. However, we must not forget that candles are an additional element involving a certain degree of danger, so we must not leave them on and unattended when we go to sleep or set them in places where we cannot see them.
- Use the dishwasher to clean the quantity of dishes and glasses that accumulate during celebrations, always using full loads for this purpose.
- Give battery-free toys as gifts and energy-efficient electronic items (A++ certification), in this way, you not only save energy at Christmas, but also during the rest of the year.
If you follow all these tips you will not only save energy and money in the process, but you will also be giving the planet more life time. That’s why Univergy Solar encourages you to consider applying these tips as a philosophy of life throughout the entire year.